A Learning Process IX: Silence
I can name the people I know that don't know themselves
I can count the people I know that want to fix themselves
Poor little Macoy, beaten by the rain
In the wind, in the gale, thunder and the hail
Sometimes I feel like I'm going insane
Without the numbness or the pain so intense to feel
I can see the tears in your heart before they know your face
I can almost draw the lines
I miss how you smile at me (it spins me like a ferris wheel)
But now it is washed out to sea by your ignorance
Most of the time I've got much to talk but nothing to say
When I do it's probably nothing, cause you are not there to listen anyway
I know I'm probably better off this way
I just drink and smoke, listen to the voices on the TV until I'm tired
My eyes grow heavy and I fade away...
I know I seem much quieter now
I know it seems I'm being cruel
I know it feels much quieter now
But let tell you, "You will never be ignored."
Come on now, I've got faith in you
It's a little too late for goodbyes
Good morning darling, I'm right here
Open your eyes

<< Home